Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
350g / 12oz plain flour
175g / 6oz light soft brown sugar
100g / 4oz butter at room temperature
1 medium egg
4 tablespoons of golden syrup
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1½ teaspoon of ground ginger
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
2. Put the flour, butter, ginger and bicarbonate of soda into a bowl. Mix together using fingers until mixture resembles crumbs. Add the sugar. Then add the egg and golden syrup and mix with a wooden spoon until it forms a pastry
3. Place the pastry on a lightly floured surface.
4. Roll out the pastry to approximately 5mm thick
5. Cut pasty using gingerbread man shape cutters or shape using a knife.
6. Place the gingerbread men on a greased baking tray and place in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, checking after 10 minutes.
7.Used piped icing to decorate.
Home in Time For Christmas